TO CREATE A ‘VISION BOARD’
A vision board is a visual representation of what you want to achieve in your birth (or life).
When you look at these pictures everyday they will become implanted into your subconscious mind. Your mind will then start working out ways for you to achieve these things.
First start by making a list of what you would like to have on your vision board. Here’s some topic ideas to get you started.
- Where do you want to be?
- Who do you want to be there with you?
- How do you want to be feeling?
- What do you want to remember whilst in labour?
- What do you want the environment to look and feel like?
- If a hospital birth is intended, how long do you want to stay at home?
- How do you want the get from your home to your place of birth to be?
- What do you want to experience during the birth?
- How do you want your baby to experience birth?
Do a “Google image search’ of words that represent what you want.
Find pictures that you love, that make you feel calm and relaxed in your body and that really resonate with the kind of birth you want to create.
You can also search for images of words or create your own specific words using a ‘Word Art’ program on your computer to add to the images if you choose.
Now either print out all of these images and words, cut them out and paste them on a large white board, OR, make a collage of them in a computer program such as Photoshop or MS Works and print out the page.
Put it up in a place were you will see it often. When you look at it, breathe in the feelings that it conjures up for you. Take a moment to be with these feelings, then close your eyes and enjoy getting into the space of your positive creation.
Not only are these wonderful tools for enhancing your visualisation practices, but they end up being very special keep sakes that you can present to your child one day when they have grown up, to show them how excited you were for their arrival!!