Linda trained in 2013 with Sjanie Hugo, the founder of The Fertile Body Method which is a mind body approach to fertility. This method approaches working with fertility problems in a holistic way. Hypnosis can be a very powerful and effective therapeutic tool which can be invaluable when working with fertility, but the Fertile Body Method is so very much more than that.
How can it help?
The below information about how The Fertile Body Method can help has been taken from their official website here: www.thefertilebody.com or click logo to reach the exact page.
- Reducing stress and increasing feelings of calm and relaxation
- Restoring physical, mental and emotional balance and wellbeing
- Balance can be restored through relaxation, positive cognitive changes, visualisation and changes to diet, exercise and lifestyle
- Restoring hormonal balance, regulating the natural balance in the autonomic nervous system, regulating and restoring healthy immune system function
- Creating balance in the body can be further enhanced by creating balance in thinking. Decreasing negative self talk and excessive worry will help restore emotional and physical balance and ensure that these changes are maintained.
- Identifying and resolving issues which may be preventing conception (unconscious or conscious resistance).
- to make necessary changes to lifestyle, diet, smoking, alcohol and exercise habits
- to feel confident and ready for parenthood
- to Improve intimacy and sexual relationship (for natural conception)
- restore menstrual health, or sperm mobility and count
- prepare for IVF or other fertility treatment.
- Teaching self help tools that continue to enhance fertility
- To maintain the changes they have made
- Supporting the couple if they do conceive, to help carry the baby to full term
- Supporting the couple if treatment fails
- Supporting them to make decisions about fertility treatments and other options for parenthood
People who have problems conceiving may experience a reduced sense of mental, emotional and physical wellbeing and leave them feeling stressed, frustrated, angry, jealous, guilty, hopeless, anxious or depressed. It can affect their work, friendships, family and relationships.
- Restoring self esteem and self worth
- Working through emotions e.g. anger, jealousy, guilt, stress, anxiety and depression
- Building coping skills and developing inner resources
- Ensuring their needs are being met
- Resolving relationship problems (partner, family and friends)
- Increasing sexual Intimacy and affection
- Restoring trust in one’s body
- Reducing the negative effects of fertility treatment medication
- Restoring the body to good health after medical treatments
- Providing emotional support and an opportunity to talk openly
- Processing any death and loss
- Coming to terms with infertility